CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, September 17, 2008

GI Check-Up

We saw the GI doctor today for a check-up. Olivia's weight is 14 pounds 15 ounces. For a nine month old she is almost in the 3%, but for her adjusted age of 6 months she is just above the 25%. The doctor was pleased with her weight gain. I let her know that in the last week Olivia vomited 3 times. She said that she will tolerate a little vomiting as long as she continues to gain weight. She did recalculate her Reglan dose and we got to increase .1 ml. We also talked about the Senakot again. I told her that I was not willing to change to something new or to stop the Sentakot all together. She told me the risk of becoming dependent and I told her that I was on it for 10 years and I am fine so I have no problem giving it to Olivia. I also pointed out that she is on a very small dose and is only taking it once a day now and not twice. I also pointed out that her formula is the consistency of paste due to the higher calorie and the addition of 4 tsp. of rice and that that would bind any one up. She agreed that it was a small dose of the Senakot and that her formula was really thick. She said that she would leave it up to me but would like it if I could decrease the dose even if it is only .1 at a time. For now I am not changing a thing. We don't have to go back again until December.

0 comments: