CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, May 31, 2008

2nd Sleep Study

Olivia had her second sleep study on Wednesday night. I am hopeful we will have the results by the end of this week. Lets all hope she passed so we can do away with the night time oxygen. She is still not eating as well as I would like. I wish the 13th would hurry up and get here so we can go to the specialist. Maybe he can prescribe her a med that will get her reflux under better control so she will eat the way she is supposed to. She is still a very happy girl so no complaints there. Alana really likes eating baby food. She has passed the five day trial period (to make sure there are no food allergies) with pears, bananas, carrots, and peas. I picked up squash, green beans, and prunes to try next. I can't wait to see her face with the prunes. I am sure it will be a Kodak moment...LOL! I don't know how many of you know the story on how we named the girls. I will give you a quick briefing. I had a list of names that I liked but Elwin kept dragging his feet making his list. He kept telling me we had plenty of time to figure it out. The only thing we had agreed on was the middle names. We were using Theresa which was my grandmothers middle name and Sislyn which is Elwin's grandmothers first name. Well needless to say, the girls decided to come early and we had not decided on names yet. After Olivia was born the nurses in the delivery room asked if we had names yet. I told them that I had a list but dad was being stubborn and we had not agreed on names yet. During the 40 minutes between Olivia and Alana we went through the list of names I had come up with and the nurses, doctor, and NICU staff helped us pick the names. Now remember our minds were not all the way right due to the stress of the circumstances. When we decided on Olivia I thought Theresa sounded nice with it so we went with that. That left Sislyn to go with Alana. About a week later while sitting in the NICU with the girls it hit me that Alana's initials were A.S.S. Yes, I named my child ASS! Much to my dismay, I knew I had to do something about this. I talked it over with dad and we decided to change the spelling from Sislyn to Cislyn. Elwin also wanted me to change the spelling of her first name to Alaina because people keep pronouncing it incorrectly. I just can't bring myself to change her first name spelling. I just really like it Alana and I feel that all the important people are smart enough to know how to pronounce it. I finally got the paperwork to change her middle name spelling on the birth certificate so Alana is no longer A.S.S and is now A.C.S. Of course I had to make a copy of the first birth certificate so I can show her when she gets older and hopefully will get a good laugh out of it. I will let everyone know the results to the sleep study as soon as I get them in. Love to all.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark and I really enjoyed Olivia and Alana on Saturday! They make us smile and warm our hearts! Zach is really growing up to be a great young man! Kind, caring and working! Amazing! I am so proud of all of you! Quite challenging to raise a teenager and infant twins simultaneously!

Praying daily that Olivia can get off of oxygen and that the gastroenterologist can help her reflux!

ACS - much improved initials for Alana!

Hope we can all visit again soon!

Love, Mom