Olivia had her GI visit this afternoon. We had to wait a ridiculous amount of time to be seen. Our appointment was at 2:40 and we did not get seen until 4:10. I can't believe they make small children weight that long. It just makes no sense to me. The girls were very very good for mommy. They changed the Reglan dose to 1 ml 4 times a day. They were not happy that I still have her on Senakot, but I told them the Miralax made both girls miserable and that I was not willing to put them through any more tummy trouble. They said that at some point we will need to change over. I guess they don't know me very well yet. They will soon find out that "No we won't". After we were done there we met daddy at Clarian North to get blood drawn. It was not a fun experience. I was fortunate enough to have one of the girls primary nurses from the NICU, Wendy, come to the lab to draw the blood. I can't even begin to tell you how special all of the NICU staff is to us. POOR, POOR Alana! Because she is chubby, it was hard to get the blood to flow. Wendy was able to get the vein but had a hard time getting it to drain. Alana SCREAMED the whole time. I felt so sorry for her and for Wendy. We tried three times and then gave her a break. During that time Olivia had her turn. I had daddy go back with her so I could continue consoling Alana. She cried too, but not as bad as Alana. She only had to get stuck once. She was funny, they wrapped her arm after to hold the gauze on and she kept holding it out like she was showing you her ouchy. She then began to chew on it like she does everything now. We then had to try again with Alana. I sent daddy back with her this time and stayed with Olivia to feed her. My heart just could not take her screaming anymore. After another several tries they finally got the blood they needed. HOORAY!!! It was important so we can see how her liver is doing and to see how Olivia's electrolytes are, but I hope we do not have to do that again for a long, long time. By the time we were done I had to grab my work clothes out of my car (some how I just knew I had better take them with me), change in the bathroom, and go up to work. I wish I could have gone home to cuddly with the girls instead. I wanted to end the trauma with lots of love from mommy. I told Alana that if she were older I would have taken her out for ice-cream for everything she went through. I will let everyone know when we get results. A HUGE THANK YOU TO NURSE WENDY FOR ALL OF HER HELP! WE LOVE HER LOTS!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
What a hectic stressful day you all went through! Praying for all of the test results to be normal and for a peaceful restful day for all of you! Hang tight with the Senokot!
Love, Mom
Post a Comment